Friday, July 10, 2015

Waiting... It's What Truck Drivers Do Best

I was in Delhi this morning at nine a.m.  I planned on being here at eight, but I ended up sleeping in a little this morning.  It's no big deal because I really didn't have any idea when my load was going to be ready, or even where in Texas it would be taking me.  Now that I'm here I found out I'm going to Corpus Christi, and then on to McAllen, TX.  That means that Abigail, whom I will pick up on my way through Nacogdoches, will go with me right down to the border of Mexico, and then more than likely duty and honor will call us to the North.  Since I am constantly running up into the Northeast Corridor of the country, I have no doubt that we will end up in New York and Connecticut together.

I also found out that they won't be loading this load until tomorrow.  So, here I sit, just a few hours from my home, waiting until probably late tomorrow afternoon to be able to get there.  I took a chance by coming in here as early as I could in hopes that I could get home maybe even today.  I lost the gamble, but it would have been worth it if it had worked out.  Sometimes the information coming out of the folks at the plant in Delhi is not as efficient as I would like, but any time I can get the jump on things it only helps me do a better job.  So, I do my thing whether I have all the information needed or not - sometimes it works out really good, other times I just end up waiting.  Most truck drivers despise waiting, it only serves to raise their blood pressure.  I try to look upon it as a positive, I always capitalize on my waiting time to get some rest, see some sights, or take some very enjoyable walks.  Here I am waiting, waiting to see my family, waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment