Saturday, February 6, 2016

You A'int No Real Truck Driving Man!

That is what somebody told me last week!  Here is how it all went down:

I stopped in the T/A truck stop near Lexington, Virginia around 3:00 a.m. the other night to take my federally mandated thirty minute break.  I walked into the restaurant, sat down at a table, and a rather plump and friendly waitress plunked down a cup of coffee on the table in front of me while saying,  "Here's your coffee Dahhling, what ya gonna have to eat?"  Now she didn't know it until I told her, but I don't drink coffee.  After I said, "Well, thank you, but you might want to give that to the gentleman who just sat down over there, because I'm not a coffee drinker," she just blurted out, "Well, you a'int no real truck driving man then are ya?"

I guess I'm gonna have to start drinking coffee, and show some solidarity with the real men.

I can't keep hanging out at these truck stops with my glass of ice water if my waitresses are going to be challenging my manhood.

1 comment:

  1. As a Virginian, I apologize for her behavior... we're not all like that! I might offer that due to Lexington's proximity to the state line, there is a very good chance that after a heavy night of drinking 'shine in her favorite watering hole in West-By-Gawd-Virginia, she fell into the back of someone's pickup, then fell out after it had travelled east for some time, woke up in the parking lot of the T/A truck stop, and they gave her a job out of pity. So she probably really isn't even a Virginian; just in case, my apology stands.

    ReplyDelete