Sunday, February 21, 2016

Back At It

Well, tonight I'm sleeping in the parking lot at Brawo, a customer in Laurens, South Carolina.  It sure feels good to be back at my job and being productive.  After three days and two nights in a Hotel waiting for my truck to be repaired I was eager to get back out here.  I delivered my load that was on my truck up to Farmington, Connecticut and then went to Cressona, Pennsylvania to pick up this load of aluminum rods that I will deliver here in the morning.  When I left Cressona my Zonar computer froze up on me and then shortly after that the screen went black.  It is now officially on the fritz - it makes things a little tricky because that is how I communicate with my dispatcher and he with me.  Oh, well we are managing over the cell phone, and as soon as I get this load off of the truck I will go to our terminal in Atlanta, Georgia and get it replaced.  That terminal is on my route back to Louisiana so that is no big deal to get that done.  For now I am having to keep a paper log for my records.  The Zonar also keeps up with my electronic logs, but nothing is working for now.

I'm trying to keep myself at the top of the food chain around here but that delay didn't help things.  I'm also going to have to get back home to see my doctor again because those places of skin he removed from my forehead came back from the pathologist as basal cell carcinoma.  I'm going to need to get quite a bit more of the tissue removed, and he wants me to see a plastic surgeon.  Oh boy, I never thought I'd be in a plastic surgeon's hands.  I'll probably end up looking like a modern day Frankenstein or maybe I could ask for the "Herman Munster" look!  I'm really not looking forward to all of this, but it must be done.  I need to be healthy so that I can continue to support my family, so I will do what it takes to get "back at it."

No comments:

Post a Comment