Saturday, October 10, 2015

Looking For Some Nice Fall Foliage

I'm back in Delhi, Louisiana tonight getting ready for my next run.  I've actually already got it hooked to my truck. I'm heading up to Connecticut.  I will have three different stops in Connecticut, and then one final stop up in the far Northeast corner of Massachusetts, in the small town of Amesbury.

I have already worked seventy hours in six days, and the official powers that regulate us truck drivers insist that I am too tired now to work anymore, it's ridiculous, but you don't have much choice but to obey Caesar.  So, I am taking a 34 hour break which is the regulators remedy for an over worked truck driver.  We used to have to include two time periods between 1 am and 5 am in that thirty four hour break, which really made it restrictive.  Fortunately congress challenged the Transportation Department over this and suspended that portion of the new rules until they can present some good solid scientific evidence that would support their assertion that those two time periods will enhance ones rest and recovery from working.

I'm hoping to see some nice Fall colors in the trees when I get up there into the Northeast corner of the country.  If I do I will be sure and take a few pictures so that I can share them with all three of you who bother to read this little vignette of a truck drivers wanderings and thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Now that I've become a regular follower/reader of your blog, after reading today's entry, I wonder if you'll get a backload from Cressona, and how long you'll have to wait on it...

    ReplyDelete