Friday, October 16, 2015

Good Times Up North, But Headed Back South Now.

Everything went so well for me the other day in Connecticut that I got all my deliveries made and then even made it up into Amesbury, Massachusetts for my final stop on that load.  That put me a day ahead of schedule.  I make all my own appointments with these loads, but I managed to get that one in there on the day before we had agreed on the appointment.  They were happy, and I was too, so it was a win win situation.  My next load was picked up in Cressona, PA at the SAPA plant and it was bound for Unicoi, TN in the Smoky Mountains.

I took a picture of this load after I backed it up into the "tarping station" inside the plant.  A tarping station is a safety feature at some plants that is supposed to keep you from falling off your trailer while covering your load with your tarps.  It is not easy backing a 53 foot long trailer into one of these things.  There is literally two or three inches of clearance on either side to get it in there.  I took this shot standing on the back platform at the rear of my trailer - you can see my grey tractor up at the other end of my trailer.



The fall foliage has been nice this trip, but it still isn't quite at it's peak.  I saw a lot of very lovely spots, but I just can't really pull over and take photos like a tourist.  It just isn't safe to stop and park on the side of the road in a Big Rig, and many of the scenic overlooks don't allow trucks in them.  But when I was stopped at a few of the places that I went to I took a few shots of what I could see.









Today I made my delivery in Unicoi, and now I am spending the night just outside of Asheville, North Carolina.  I'm on my way to Gulfport, Mississippi to our terminal there to have my truck serviced - that means oil and filter changed and general maintenance stuff like that.  After that it is back to Delhi for my next "marching orders."

I really only got one opportunity to take a photo while I was in the "Smokies" today, and it isn't the best photo, but here it is anyways.  I saw some beautiful scenery today, and it has been a very pleasant drive through here, but I just didn't need to be stopping unnecessarily for photo ops.


No comments:

Post a Comment