Monday, May 5, 2014

From Port to Port

This morning I woke up at 5:00 am and got rolling by 5:30.  I left Port Fourchon and drove to what is called "The Wharf" at the Port of New Orleans.  This is a busy place for trucks and great ships.  I've been here a few times before and sometimes it takes a while to get loaded.  There was a bit of a mix up involved with my paperwork, but after about an hour delay we managed to get it all worked out, and I rolled out of New Orleans around noon.  I'm headed to Calvert Alabama, which is a fairly short run for me.  I'm loaded with two "suicide" coils.



I will deliver these first thing in the morning and then I am scheduled to pick up some stainless steel coils in the same town (Calvert) and will take them to my company's terminal in Birmingham, AL.  I will drop my trailer there and then put my truck in the shop there for some routine maintenance, and a few repairs - like my A/C that quit working.  If it takes longer than just the day that I am there they will put me in a Hotel for the duration of the repairs.  I'm hoping it doesn't take very long, but one night at the Hotel and a nice hot soak in the bath sounds kind of appealing right now.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen a video of a suicide/homicidal coil rolling down a PA highway... Looks like you've got every chain and strap on your truck holding those down!

    ReplyDelete