Saturday, February 21, 2015

Destination Limerick

I keep this blog up so you're knowing,
Of all the fine places I'm going,
But now I think that you'll find it a kick,
That my Big Rig is rolling to Limerick!

Yes, believe it or not, my next load which is bound for Farmington, Connecticut (where else?) has as it's first stop a location for Yarde Metals in, none other than... Limerick, Pennsylvania!

I've never been to Limerick, but with a name like that it's bound to be fun.

I woke this morning in Delhi, Louisiana. I'm back here now waiting for them to finish my next load to Connecticut. They will finish it this afternoon, and I will be off again for those snow covered regions in the North East.

Everything went really well on this “super hot” back haul load. I actually made it in time to get unloaded at my first stop when I arrived instead of having to sleep there and wait for the morning. That also gave me enough time to get on over to the final stop at Mount Juliet, TN and sleep on their property so that they unloaded me first thing in the morning. Remember me telling you about the e-mail exchange between my dispatcher and I where he made me confirm three different times that I could make it by three o'clock on Friday? Well, when I sent in my empty call that morning at around 8:30, it elicited this response from my dispatcher. “You are good! In fact you don't even seem to be human, you seem more like a robot. I will let those people know that you are done. I can't thank you enough – now I won't have to be taking calls all day from those people hounding me to death over when this load is going to be delivered – excellent work sir!”

In spite of the snow storms that were working their way through the state of Virginia, and the highly unusual ice and snow covering up the middle Tennessee area, I made excellent time on this load and am now blessed to be down here in the south enjoying some of these days with the temps hovering in the mid fifties.


I'm going to rest up today so that I can be ready to drive this load at night, and I will probably try to do my laundry today also. I am planning on coming home somewhere close to this next weekend, and I am really looking forward to that. I've been staying out for an extended period of time by my own choosing so that I can capitalize on my income opportunities at the present time. I really am enjoying my work, but I miss my family painfully. It will be so good to be home at my own dinner table, to hold in my arms the woman who means more than life to me, and to lift my voice in praise to The Most High with my Christian brothers and sisters in public worship. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I love it, Dad! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your limerick is THE BEST! I love you so much, proud to be your daughter! ;)

    ReplyDelete