Sunday, December 14, 2014

What A Difference One Day Can Make

Today I rolled out of the pleasant little town of Cressona, made my way out of the state of Pennsylvania, through Maryland, West Virginia, and Virginia and landed myself at the Pilot truck stop in Dandridge, Tennessee.  I drove 552 miles today and that just about puts me where I need to be to get my two stops here in Tennessee accomplished tomorrow.  We will see how everything goes - there's a million ways for a glitch to develop in a truck drivers day, but having a plan and taking the steps that have proven successful in the past always help to give you a little bit of an edge over Murphy's laws.

It is amazing what a difference one day can make in your scenery when you are living like a modern day drifter.  Yesterday I was looking at knee deep snow and frozen bodies of water.  Today I was watching a mowing crew mowing grass along the highway in Virginia!  Yesterday I was driving in a dense fog and having to take mountain roads where the "truck speed limit was 25" - Today I almost exclusively ran on Interstates under clear blue skies and will soon be back in the deep south.  I don't know where I will go next, but it is quite possible that I will be running right back up into the North East.

No comments:

Post a Comment