Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Hard Pressed

I'm going to Statesboro, Georgia with a 40,000 pound load of 53 foot long pieces of extruded aluminum.  This load goes to the Great Dane trailer manufacturing facility there.  These pieces of aluminum are incorporated into the decks of their 53 foot long trailers manufactured there.  I get a lot of these type loads out of the plant in Cressona, Pennsylvania, which is where I picked this one up.

Here's a look at what it looked like after I had thrown all the straps on it to keep it secure as it traveled down the road.



All these loads must be protected from the weather, so I have got to get my tarps thrown on this one.  After I finished that laborious task it looked like this.



I am just barely going to have enough legal working hours to get this one delivered on time.  I'm going to bed right now (it's early afternoon here) so that I can leave at about midnight after my required ten hour break.  I have an eleven o'clock in the morning appointment.  I'll let you know how that all works out - I'm not so sure it's going to all come together - it's too tight - the slightest delay could really mess things up.  That's trucking for you!  The last time I delivered to this plant they started unloading me about three hours after my appointed time, and I had gotten there four hours early!  They will probably be waiting on me tomorrow and I will get there late.

I'm in Greencastle, Pennsylvania parked at an overcrowded T/A truck stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment