Wednesday, January 14, 2015

All Night Long

I got my next load assignment. I'll be pulling a load of aluminum extrusions to a customer down in Corpus Christi, TX. This is a regular customer who demands that their product arrive at seven o'clock in the morning the day immediately following the day they order it. We have this as a regular run once every week. I've only had to do it once before, but it is a bear to get it done. For one thing you have to drive all night because by the time they get the product all ready to go and loaded on a trailer it is usually 3 or 4 in the afternoon, and then you've got at least a two hour minimum just to get it secured and tarped. Then you have got to make sure you have got the legal driving hours available because you can't waste a minute on this run or you will stump your toe and be running illegal. It is a 10.5 hour drive to get there, and you can only legally drive for 11 hours in a 14 hour period, plus you've got to allow 15 minutes for a pre-trip inspection, and the laws require you to take a 30 minute break at some point in any eight hour stretch. So, I'll be pulling an "all nighter" tonight.


I'll be back in here tomorrow to let you know how it went. I'm going to take me a little nap right now before I move just down the road to the SAPA plant and get started on getting this load ready to go. I'm well rested and ready to go after my 34 hour break, but I'm going to try and get a little nap just to make sure I can pull this off.

No comments:

Post a Comment