Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Rambling Fever

Merle Haggard sang a song called "Rambling Fever", not sure why it comes to mind tonight as I'm thinking of a title for this brief little post, but it does, so there you have it.

It's six p.m. in Phoenix, Arizona and I have unloaded my styrofoam panels and gotten my next load which is 46,000 pounds of sheetrock mud that I'll be delivering to the Home Depot store in Las Cruces New Mexico at 8:00 in the morning.  I drove through the night last night just so I could make it here on time, and now I will have to do the same thing tonight.  I'm going to bed now so that I can get up at 1:30 and start moving this load toward it's destination.

I'm thinking that I may get a load of copper out of the mine in New Mexico for my next load,  Wow, if that is the case, I will have been dispatched over 5,000 miles this week.  I can't legally do that many miles in a week, so some of it will go over into next weeks work.

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing you active on the blog again, Daddy! You've inspired me to revive mine too :)

    ReplyDelete