Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Homeward Bound

Wow!, I'm actually in Texas tonight.  After I unloaded the equipment in New Orleans I picked up a load of sheet-rock (46,000 pounds of it) headed to a Texas A&M construction site in San Antonio.  Hopefully I'll get home this weekend for a few days.  This job has about two dozen new challenges every day, but that is what I like about it.  Everyday brings a whole new set of problems to solve, and there's a lot of time management involved that requires a clear head and some quick thinking math skills.

I had to deliver the last load right downtown in New Orleans.  The last street I had to turn onto left me with about an inch and a half of space between my tractor and the parked cars on the right side of the road and about the same amount on the left side between my trailer and the corner of a building.  My trailer tires were all over the sidewalks.  Very nerve racking!  Just as I cleared the turn I heard someone hollering at me from the street "Wow you are either really good are really lucky!"  Yeah I'm thinking lucky was just the right word.

Well, If I get home I'll enjoy seeing my dear wife and a few close friends at church.  I'm pressing on hoping my dispatcher and I are on the same page about getting home.

No comments:

Post a Comment