Thursday, June 13, 2013

Duty and Honor Call Me to the North (in other words I'm not going home after all)

Well so much for my "home-time".  Instead of getting to go home I got dispatched on a load that hauls 47,000 pounds of granite slabs from La Porte TX to St. Paul Minnesota.  I was really looking forward to enjoying a few quiet days with my gentle and quiet spirited wife.  She is my joy and comfort, but we will have to wait to see each other because someone thinks this is more important.  It's a part of this strange life on the road - it can be a jealous mistress.

I am grateful for the work, and the more I'm moving across the country the more money I'm making.  But there are things that are way more important than money.  This is a great run and it means there will be quite a few more miles coming because somehow or another they've got to get me back down this way also.  Hopefully it won't be too many more weeks before I can get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment