Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Me And You, And A Dog Named Boo

"Me and you and a dog named boo,
Travellin' and livin' off the land.
Me and you and a dog named boo,
How I love being a free man."

Those are the lyrics to one of a few hits that the band "Lobo" came up with a good many years ago.

They came to mind this week as I set off to do something for the first time ever.  After spending an entire week of home time with my dear wife, she has decided she wants to ride with me for a little while.  This is something I have looked forward to for a good while.  We are also taking our little Rat Terrier "Trixie" with us.



So, we are going to see how these two girls like life on the road, an experiment that will probably determine how many of us end up riding in this truck in the future.  I have a feeling the dog is going to love it, and the wife is going to say, "That was fun, but I'll see you when you come home next time."  She will probably prove me wrong, she has a way of doing that at times when I least expect it.

My wife is free from some of her responsibilities around here, since she recently quit working.  I am glad to have her along.  It will be fun being together, and it will be fun for her to see what I do out here on the road.  I always had a great time with my girls when they rode with me, and I see no reason for this to be any different.  The problem lies in the fact that living on the road is not always easy.  Oh it is interesting and fun at times, but it isn't always easy.  There will be adjustments that I'll probably make to accommodate her, but she insists that she doesn't want me to cut into the way I perform my job.  She wants me to keep making that top money!

She is a great gal, always willing to sacrifice for my success.  That's one of the many reasons I love her like I do.

Today is Wednesday.  I came home Friday for some doctor appointments this week.  My dispatcher told me to take as much time as I needed.  It looks like we will pull out of here on Friday.  I will probably pick up a load in Delhi, Louisiana on Saturday and get this journey started.  I'll update this in a few days and we will try to keep you posted on how it is going with the three of us on board. 

1 comment: