Monday, April 25, 2016

Going Home, But Not Because I Want To

Don't get me wrong, I love getting to go home, but this time I'm going home for some surgery.  I've got a skin cancer situation that I'm going to have to deal with, and I'm scheduled for surgery on Wednesday this week.  Today is Monday, and I'm down in Corpus Christi, but as soon as I finish up down here I'll be heading home - I should be there tonight.

We'll just have to see how this all turns out, I may even lose an eyebrow in the process.  It's not certain how extensive the tumor is and they really won't know until they get in there and start cutting away the tissue.  I'm not really looking forward to this, but it must be done.

On another note I was really wanting to be home this week because I got sick on the road.  I think I got some sort of food poisoning.  I was throwing up and having severe diarrhea - not a good combination of problems when you are trying to drive a truck.  I felt like a little kid who just wanted his mommy!  I knew if I could just get to my wife, she could make it all better, but alas I was too far away to benefit from her gentle ministrations.  Oh well, I will soon be home, and I plan on laying up in the bed and being as much trouble as I can for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment