Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Back in The Saddle Again

Well, I'm back on the road again after taking a week's vacation with my dear family.  We had a great time together under the bright Texas sun floating in the cool water of the Comal river and the various water runs at Schlitterbahn water park.  For me it was a time to enjoy my greatest gifts from God - my wonderful wife and three sweet girls.  I miss them all terribly while carving out a living on the highways and byways, but getting to be with them all for an entire week was immensely pleasant for me.  I may never have enough personal belongings accumulated to mean anything to anybody, but I have known enough of love to stir up the envy of the world's wealthiest men, all because of the family that God has blessed me with.  We have loved each other through thick and thin - mostly thin when it came to money, and mostly thick as pertains to trouble.  The currency of love cannot be diminished or devalued by troubles or trials, it is based on something higher and purer than gold - "God is love" - "For God so loved the world, that he gave..."  As far as love is concerned, I will never be bankrupt - His vault is immeasurable in it's height and depth - it is unfathomable in it's unending supply.

I'm sleeping tonight at a truck stop in Montgomery Alabama.  I will deliver the load of fiberglass insulation panels that I picked up in Waxahachie TX yesterday to an air conditioning contractor here first thing in the morning.  Then a new adventure will begin, I don't have a clue as to what I'll be doing next, but I'll fill you in as soon as I know where I'm off to next.

Here's a shot of the five of us enjoying a delicious meal together while on our vacation.


1 comment: