Wednesday, July 10, 2013

From Sea to Shining Sea

Well, just about a week and a half ago I was as far west as Santa Maria California, and on Monday I picked up a load of 40 foot long I-beams in Midlothian, TX (former hometown of my good friend Jennifer D.) and delivered them today in Fernandino Beach, Florida.  You can't go any further east in Florida without falling into the beautiful ocean.  Tomorrow I will pick up a load of shingles in Savannah, Georgia and deliver them to Rochester New York.  I've been everywhere man!

I know it sounds like I'm on a vacation or something, but this is hard work, really it is.

I'm really enjoying this job, it's kind of a crazy profession, I mean it is the only job I know of where there is a good chance that you very well might not know anybody else that works for the same company.  We have about 2,500 drivers, and the only one that I might could even say that I know is the one who trained me, and I probably will never see him again in my life.  I couldn't even tell you who my boss is, but there is somebody who sends me e-mails that give me my marching (or driving) orders everyday.  And this week they sent me about three thousand miles already for this week.  I better get to bed so I can rest, I've got a lot of miles to knock down tomorrow if I'm going to get all this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment