Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sleepless in Seattle, or Dandridge

Just finished driving all night - it is now about 9:30 a.m.  I'm exhausted, but for some reason I can't get to sleep.  So, here I am, maybe a little exercise in writing will help, I hope I'm coherent.  I had planned on getting myself to the Pilot in Dandridge, TN, and that is where I am.  I will run through the night tonight also, probably will drive close to eleven hours tonight and get myself positioned close to the Pennsylvania/New York line on I-84.  If I can get this load delivered by Tuesday morning at 10:30 a.m. I will have turned in 3,529 miles on my paperwork this week.  That is a strong showing.

I ate dinner with my Friend Paul Anderson last night in Delhi before I got on the road.  He asked me where I stood on my mileage for this quarters report.  He was surprised that I was about twenty five hundred miles ahead of him.  We have this little competition thing going.  If you remember he was the one that I was tied with on the fuel mileage during this year's first quarter.  I have exceeded thirty thousand miles each quarter since I came here to work on this account.

I was in Indianapolis just two days ago and the wind over there was atrocious!  I had a Conestoga trailer and those things are built like a giant kite.  I was getting pushed all over the road.  If you ever see an eighteen wheeler on a windy day weaving back and forth in and out of his lane, it is best to just give him some room and stay away from him - the wind can really cause us some issues, especially if our trailer is empty.

Here's a look at my truck inside a building up in Indiana while delivering that last load.  This is one of the nice things about this dedicated account I am serving here at Knight Transportation.  So many of the locations I go to keep us out of the elements, a rare and worthy benefit for a flat-bed driver who is always responsible for the securing of his freight and the protection of it from the weather.



Well, I'm sure this post sounds like some random rambling, so I will give it a try again and lay my head down on my pillow to try and get some much needed sleep.  I'll be back in here in a day or two to update you on what's going on with me and my strange unique life on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment